If you jot down a paragraph on the back of a piece of paper describing your thoughts about editorial, advertising sales, circulation, production, etc, you’ve written a plan, or at least the germ of a plan. A Kamen & Co. Group Services print and digital media business plan is a written description of what your publication’s future can and should be. We will study your entire operation, then carefully review each title you publish, do a forensic application and produce a comprehensive document that describes in precise detail what you should do and how to do it.
The print and digital media business plans prepared by our worldwide appraisal and brokerage firm have a number of applications. They’re used by investment-seeking publishers to convey their vision to potential investors. They may also be used by print media organizations that are trying to attract key employees, prospect for new business, deal with potential advertisers or simply understand how to manage their title(s) in a smarter, more efficient manner and take them to the next level.
Our formal business plans convey your publishing business’ goals and the strategies you’ll use to meet them. They anticipate potential problems that may confront your publication along the growth route and propose ways to solve them. Finally, they will recommend the amount of capital required to finance any new venture and keep it going until it breaks even.
Our structured and customized publishing business plans follow generally accepted guidelines for both form and content. There are three primary parts to a print media business plan:
- The first is the business concept, where we discuss the industry, your current publication’s structure and how you can plan to make your expanded publishing enterprise a success.
- The second is the marketplace section, in which we carefully describe and analyze potential advertising clients: who and where they are, what will motivate them to place their advertising with your title and so on. Here, we also describe the competition and how you’ll position yourself to beat it.
- Finally, the financial section contains your income and cash flow statement, balance sheet and other financial ratios, such as a break-even analysis.
As the largest appraisal firm in the publishing trade, we have the experience and insight to know what to look for and will provide you with a narrative analysis that will benefit you and your ownership group. We take an average of ten weeks to complete each business plan and costs vary from job order to job order. Contact our office for more information and a customized quote.
Publishers … Without a Formal Business Plan Your Business Is Not as Valuable as it Should be. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
Newspapers*Shoppers*Magazines … Kamen & Co. Can Professionally Provide Your Print-Media Company with a Comprehensive Formal Business Plan Customized to Your Needs.
- History and Status of your Publication.
- Company Objectives.
- Market Analysis.
- Standardization Grading.
- Management/Organizational Chart.
- Marketing Strategy.
- Staff Training & Development.
- Financial Data/Analysis.
- Narrative Analysis.
The first step towards maximizing value is to develop a responsive business plan created by knowledgeable professionals.
Contact either of our offices today and ask for further details on your customized business plan.